32nd Annual Meeting Academy of Entrepreneurial Finance
Entrepreneurial Finance, Venture Capital, Blockchain Disruption, Decentralized Finance, Alternative Assets, Technology Startups, Entrepreneurship, Financial Risk
September 22-25, 2021, Los Angeles, CA, USA
(Co-hosted with our sister academy, Academy of Behavioral Finance & Economics; https://www.aobf.org/ )
Call for Papers, Seminars, & Participation
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: July 16, 2021
Objectives and Scope. Since its first conference in 1989, The Academy of Entrepreneurial Finance (AEF) continues to offer a dedicated forum for exchange of research and application ideas related to the field of Real-Life Entrepreneurial finance; i.e., Behavioral-Finance-Based Entrepreneurial Finance. Given the central role of the small and medium enterprise (SME) in a free economy, the objective of the conference is to encourage research and inquiry in the discipline. Although the focus of the annual event is on the financial, economic, behavioral, and accounting aspects of the small firm, papers in closely-related areas will also be considered for presentation. Naturally, research on applied business, finance, and economics is also encouraged. AEF’s key areas of interest include:
- Risk and Risk-Taking in Start-ups and Growing Ventures;
- Venture Capital- Financing Small/Entrepreneurial Ventures;
- Blockchain Financing; Initial Coin Offerings/ICOs; Fintech;
- Blockchain Business Models; New Venture Models,
- Business Venture Valuation;
- Initial Public Offerings and Other Exit Strategies;
- Financial Institutions and Small Business Financing;
- Innovations in Capital Markets for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs);
- Economics and Accounting of Small Business;
- Small Firm Success and/or Failure;
- Sustainable Finance through Entrepreneurship and Innovations; and
- Other related issues- including Globalization and Technological factors affecting Capital Access and Startup Process.
Journal Publication. Upon request of interested presenters right after the conference, a few carefully selected and further reviewed papers would be published in Volume 22 of The Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance– JEF. Submission deadline is 30 days after the date of the presentations at the conference.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS and ABSTRACTS for Presentation.
To submit your completed paper, detailed abstract, or seminar proposal, simply click on the following URL and follow the related instructions. The submission fee is $65.00. To submit, click here:
Submission Deadline is July 16, 2021; Early Submission is Encouraged. NOTIFICATIONS of results especially for this call will be emailed to all respondents in three (3) weeks or less from the date of submission.
CONFERENCE PLATFORM. At this point our plan is to offer an In-Person conference; but we will also offer enough Virtual presentations to accommodate colleagues who can not attend for any reason; especially for Covid-19 reasons.
Special Sessions and Panels/Workshops. Persons interested in organizing a Special Session or Panel/Workshop should submit a letter of interest, along with a short bio using the deadline and instructions above.
FOR ANY QUESTION YOU MAY EMAIL: Staff@aobf.org