Behavioral Finance & Entrepreneurial Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Call for Papers, Seminars & Participation
September 20-23, 2023
Hilton Woodland Hills, Los Angeles
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: July 10, 2023
Given Our Planned by-Invitation-Only “Behavioral Finance Theory Pre-Conference”, we have received a good number of requests to extend the deadline for our Consortium Conference which is the subject of this announcement outlined in below. Papers/Workshops on AI ChatGPT – especially related to Decision Making by Humans – are highly encouraged.
CONFERENCE PLATFORM. At this point our plan is to offer an In-Person conference; but we will also offer enough Virtual/Zoom sessions to accommodate all colleagues – Presenters and Attendees – who can not attend especially due any reasons.
Submission of Papers, Abstracts, and Seminars for Presentation. To submit your completed paper, detailed abstract, or seminar proposal, simply click on the following URL and follow the related instructions.
The submission fee is $69.00.
To submit, click here: https://www.aobf.org/paper-submission-form/
Advances in Behavioral Finance & Economics. A 16th Annual ABF&E Collection/Book. UPON REQUEST OF INTERESTED PRESENTERS by 30 Days Before the start of the conference, a few carefully selected and further reviewed papers would be published in a book for global distribution: Advances in Behavioral Finance & Economics; a 16th Annual ABF&E Collection/Book. Papers on AI ChatGPT – especially related to Decision Making by Humans – are highly encouraged.
OBJECTIVE. The Academy of Behavioral Finance & Economics offers a dedicated forum for exchange of research findings and professional advancement related to the now well-established field of behavioral finance and economics. The objective of the annual conference is to encourage and disseminate research and inquiry in all area of Behavioral Finance & Economics. Theoretical, Empirical/Experimental, and Applied works that involve Theory and Application of all Social Sciences from Political Economy, Psychology, Neuroscience, Anthropology and all other sciences, to all areas of financial decision-making and practice will be considered for presentation at the conference. Such works include, but are not limited to, the followings:
A. DEVELOPMENT of NEW FINANCIAL & ECONOMICS MODELS and THEORIES for DECISION MAKING and RISK TAKING at the Macro/Economies and Micro/Individuals in the POST-EQUILIBRIUM, POST-EFFICIENT MARKETS WORLD; or as we at the Academy call it: The World of “IT’S-ALL-CONNECTED FINANCE & ECONOMICS”!
B. CONTRIBUTIONS to ADVANCE OUR UNDERSTANDING and KNOWLEDGE of:
- Decision Making Under Conditions of Risk and Uncertainty; including Artificial-Intelligence-Based Models like ChatGPT;
- Trust, Financial and Capital Markets, Social Capital, Moral Sentiments and Working of the Market Economy;
- Venture Startup: Venture Capital; Entry and Exit Processes;
- Investment in and Working of Financial Markets at all levels of functionality and capital allocation- including both public and private aspects;
- Financial Management of Companies- both public and private entities;
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Economic Development;
- Sustainable Finance: Efficient Financial Markets; Market for Human/Social Capital & Economic Development;
- Financial Fraud, Corporatism, and Market Failures;
- Role of Behavioral Finance in Personal Finance, Financial Planning, and Family Life;
- Teaching, Learning, and Training- ranging from case development to other pedagogical issues;
C. APPLICATIONS- BEHAVIORAL FINANCE IN PRACTICE:
- Evidence-Based Financial and Retirement Planning: Generally-Accepted Best Practices;
- Nudging Clients and Markets/Understanding Clients/Markets Behavior;
- The Trading and Investing Brain/Neurofinance/Neuroeconomics;
- Retirement Saving and Planning;
- Trust: Trust in Investment Management, Markets, Policy, and Regulation;
- Behavioral Value Investing;
- Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning for Companies;
- Behavioral Finance: Training and Teaching
- Other Business, Socio-Economic, and Legal Endeavors Involving Decision Making and Risk Taking- including literature review on Decision and Risk Processes and related concepts, models, and theories.
AWARDS FOR THE ROBERT A. OLSEN BEST DOCTORAL STUDENT PAPERS IN BEHAVIORAL FINANCE & ECONOMICS. Upon request at the time of submission, single-author papers proposed by Doctoral Students will be further reviewed by the Program Committee, and the Best Papers will be selected for special recognition at our 2023 ABF Annual Meeting. Recognition includes receiving:
- Academy’s “Award Certificate for the Robert A. Olsen Best Doctoral Student Paper in Behavioral Finance & Economics” and
- A $500.00 prize check
For More Details, including Logistics, please click here: https://www.aobf.org/
Special Sessions and Panels/Workshops. Persons interested in organizing a Special Session or Panel/Workshop should submit a letter of interest, along with a short bio using the deadline and instructions above.
FOR ANY QUESTION YOU MAY EMAIL: Staff@aobf.org