2021 14th-Annual Meeting of Academy
of Behavioral Finance & Economics
September 22-25, 2021
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Call for Papers, Seminars, & Participation
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 16, 2021
CONFERENCE PLATFORM. At this point our plan is to offer an In-Person conference. But we will also offer some Virtual sessions to accommodate those colleagues who can not attend due to any Covid-19-related reason.
OBJECTIVE. The Academy of Behavioral Finance & Economics offers a dedicated forum for exchange of research findings and professional advancement related to the fast-growing field of behavioral finance and economics. The objective of the annual conference is to encourage and disseminate research and inquiry in all area of Behavioral Finance & Economics. Theoretical, Empirical/Experimental, and Applied works that involve the application of psychology, neuroscience, and all other sciences, to all areas of financial decision-making and practice will be considered for presentation at the conference. Such works include, but are not limited to, the followings:
A. DEVELOPMENT of NEW FINANCIAL & ECONOMIC MODELS and THEORIES for DECISION MAKING and RISK TAKING in the POST-EFFICIENT MARKETS WORLD;
B. CONTRIBUTIONS to ADVANCE OUR UNDERSTANDING and KNOWLEDGE of:
- Decision Making Under Conditions of Risk and Uncertainty;
- Trust, Financial Transactions, Social Capital, Moral Sentiments, Working of Capital Markets;
- Venture Startup: Venture Capital; Entry and Exit Processes;
- Investment in and Working of Financial Markets at all levels of functionality and capital allocation including both public and private aspects;
- Financial Management of Companies- both public and private entities;
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Economic Development;
- Sustainable Finance: Efficient Financial Markets; Market for Human/Social Capital & Economic Development;
- Financial Fraud, Corporatism, and Market Failures;
- Role of Behavioral Finance in Personal Finance, Financial Planning, and Family Life;
- Teaching, Learning, and Training- ranging from case development to other pedagogical issues;
C. APPLICATIONS- BEHAVIORAL FINANCE IN PRACTICE:
- Evidence-Based Financial Planning: Generally-Accepted Best Practices;
- Nudging Clients/Understanding Clients Behavior;
- Personal Finance, Financial Decisions Making, Financial Planning, and Family Life;
- The Trading and Investing Brain/Neurofinance/Neuroeconomics;
- Retirement Saving and Planning;
- Trust: Trust in Investment Management, Markets, Policy, and Regulation;
- Behavioral Value Investing;
- Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning for Companies;
- Behavioral Finance: Training and Teaching
- Other Business, Socio-Economic, and Legal Endeavors Involving Decision Making and Risk Taking including literature review on Decision and Risk Processes and related concepts, models, and theories.
AWARDS FOR THE ROBERT A. OLSEN BEST DOCTORAL STUDENT PAPERS IN BEHAVIORAL FINANCE & ECONOMICS. Upon request at the time of submission, single-author papers proposed by Doctoral Students will be further reviewed by the Program Committee, and the Best Papers will be selected for special recognition at our 2021 ABF Annual Meeting. Recognition includes receiving:
- Academy’s “Award Certificate for the Robert A. Olsen Best Doctoral Student Paper in Behavioral Finance & Economics”,
- A $500.00 prize check, and
- Consideration for publishing, upon the winners’ written request, the selected and further-reviewed paper(s) in the upcoming Advances in Behavioral Finance & Economics.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS, ABSTRACTS, AND SEMINARS for Presentation. To submit your completed paper, detailed abstract, or seminar proposal, simply click on the following URL and follow the related instructions.
The submission fee is $65.00.
To submit, click here: https://www.aobf.org/paper-submission-form/
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS April 16, 2021; Early Submission is Encouraged. Notifications of results will be emailed to all respondents generally in three (3) weeks from the date of submission.
Special Sessions and Panels/Workshops. Persons interested in organizing a Special Session or Panel/Workshop should submit a letter of interest, along with a short bio using the deadline and instructions above.
FOR ANY QUESTION YOU MAY EMAIL: Staff@aobf.org